A Solo Parent who is a bonafide resident of the City of Batac may applyfor the issuance of Solo Parent’s ID Card from the City Government through the City Social Welfare & Development Office.
A Solo Parent is any individual who falls under any of the following. categories:
1) A woman who has given birth to a child as a result of rape and other crimes against chastity;
2) If Parent left alone with the responsibility of parenthood due to the following:
– death of spouse
– detention of spouse for a criminal conviction for at least one (1) year
– physical and/or mental incapacity of spouse as certified by a public medical practitioner;
– legal separation or de facto separation from spouse for at least one (1) year, as long as he/she is entrusted with the custody of the children;
– the declaration of nullity or annulment of marriage as decreed by a court or by a church as long as he/she is entrusted with the custody of the children; and/or
– abandonement of spouse for at least one (1) year;
3) Unmarried mother/father who has preferred to keep and rear her/his child/children instead of having others care for them or give them up to a welfare institution;
4) Any other person who solely provides parental care and support to a child or children; or
5) Any family member who assumes the responsibility of head of family as a result of the death, abandonement, disappearance or prolonged absence of the parents or solo parent.
The validity of the ID is one year and is renewable.