The City Government of Batac is committed to fully protect your personal data privacy in compliance with Republic Act No. 10173, otherwise known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (DPA).
At the City Government of Batac, we are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring the security of your personal information. This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, use, disclose, and protect your personal data when you use our website [batac.gov.ph].
In all instances, we assure you that processing your personal data will strictly follow the provisions of DPA, especially the general data privacy principles of Transparency, Legitimate Purpose, and Proportionality.
Personal Data Collected and Manner of Collection
We may collect the following types of personal information from you when you use our website:
- Contact Information: Name, email address, phone number, and any information you provide when you contact us through our website.
- Log Data: Information about your device, IP address, browser type, pages visited, and the time and date of your visit.
Moreover, we may collect other personal data that are relevant and necessary to perform our mandate of providing compliance support and data subject assistance.
Basis, Use, and Purpose for Processing of Personal Data
While your consent may be solicited to process your personal data, we may also process personal data without your consent, such as when processing is according to our mandate or when processing is allowed under Section 12 or Section 13 of the Data Privacy Act (DPA).
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide and improve our services to you.
- To respond to your inquiries and requests.
- To analyze and monitor the usage of our website.
We may share your personal information with:
- Service Providers: Third-party service providers who help us in operating our website and providing our services.
- Legal Compliance: When required by law or in response to a legal request or government authority.
Data Protection and Security Measures
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, disclosure, or alteration. However, please be aware that no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is entirely secure.
Rights of a Data Subject
Under the DPA, you have the right to be informed regarding processing the personal information we hold about you.
Further, you may be entitled to request:
- Access your personal data.
- Correct any inaccuracies in your personal data.
- Withdraw consent to the processing of your data (if applicable).
- Request the deletion of your personal data.
- Object to the processing of your personal data.
Changes to the Privacy Notice
The City Government of Batac reserves the right to update or revise this privacy notice at any time and will provide a new privacy notice whenever there are substantial changes.
Feedback on our Privacy Notice
If you have any questions or concerns about our Privacy Notice or the handling of your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.